Dinner on April Fools Day (can you believe it’s almost April 1st?) calls for making something unusual, right? Maybe a bit tricksy. Here are a few ideas, both sweet and savory, with an April Fool’s Day twist.
Nothing is what it seems…
Top: Sushi? – I made this last year for an April Fool party, and again at halloween (instructions)
Middle: A cupcake?
Eggs and Toast?
Bottom: Veggies and Fish Sticks?
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup?
Here are a few more ideas:
- Mashed Potato cupcakes
- A Sundae that isn’t what it seems
- A Dessert Hotdog
- April Fools Lasagna
- Is that really cereal and milk?
- Hoosier Homemade shares these ‘nuggets & fries’ and other ideas.
- Sweet Treats too cool to eat…a photo roundup
- Faux Foods — Yummies made of crochet, clay, felt, knit, etc
(Originally published 2009, updated with more goodies 2013)