So… I decided to make a FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) out of a radical combination: Spaghetti and meatballs. No, these aren’t just stacks of spaghetti, with meatballs on top, these are true meatball creatures… suitable for your own Flying Spaghetti Monster, or whatever you’d like to create!
- Frozen Swedish Meatballs (I used the ones from Ikea), 2 per monster. (Defrosted)
- Thin Spaghetti, dry.
- Several tubular noodles (I had some elbows on hand, but this would probably work better with a larger type.)*
- Green peas for eyeballs.
- Fill your largest pot with water and place on stove to boil.
- Stab a long noodle into your meatball. Stab a second meatball on to your noodle.
- Repeat so they are stuck together.
- Continue stabbing your 2 meatballs with 1/2 to 1/3 length dry spaghetti noodles (see pic). Leave some open areas for the meatballs to show.
- Insert a tubular noodle into each meatball to serve as an eyestalk.
- Place in boiling water until noodles are soft.
- Remove, cool, and insert a pea (or a piece of a pea) in each eyestalk for the eyeball.
Organize on a plate, and enjoy! Add sauce as desired…
Caveat: I did have issues with the eye stalk noodles falling off. Perhaps they would have worked better with a larger diameter noodle. I’ll also be experimenting on alternate eye stalks!