Apparently, there was a little spurt of Christmas in July in the past few weeks. And, as Rachel explained, if you’re planning a handmade holiday this year, you do need to start early.. Well, I refuse to actually start on Christmas prior to Halloween (oh yes, at Dabbled we’ll be doing a month of Halloween fun again this year!) But for those of you who are planners, or just like to imagine cool weather in the heat of summer, here are a few Christmas in July (ok, it’s August) related goodies you should check out!
Crafting with Cat Hair has been doing a BUNCH of roundups of Christmas Related projects…check it out:
- Day #1 – Deck the Halls
- Day #2 – O Christmas Tree
- Day #3 – Let it Snow
- Day #4 – Pine Cones and Holly Berries
- Day #5 – Grown Up Christmas List
- Day #6 – Toyland
Make your own really cute snowflake garland – How To at A Bit O Shine.
A lovely advent calendar quilt by Oh, Fransson –the how-to is at Sew Mama Sew. Be sure to check out all the other great projects, from ornaments to tree skirts, spotlighted in christmas in July over there!
And for my own part, here are a few cool Holiday posts from last year for inspiration!
- How to Make your own Shrinky Santa Ornament – Download the Santa, too! HERE
- How to Make Homemade Eggnog. Try it! HERE
- Holiday links and inspirations! Click here for cute holiday links. And Click HERE for bunches of ornaments and tutorials.
- Christmas Tree Cookies: Make ’em here.
- Go Green for the Holidays – Tutorial Links
- How to Throw A White Elephant Party!