If you’ve been reading Dabbled a while, you’ll know I’m a huge fan of shrink plastic. With 4th of July around the corner, I was reminiscing over our brunch which turned into a shrinky-dink making party last year!
Now you know I prefer to make shrinkies using #6 plastic recyclables, rather than buying the storebought materials, but this idea from Photojojo is pretty nifty: Make Photo Necklaces, Earrings, Magnets and More Using Shrinkable Plastic
Other clever uses:
- Rachel at Craftzine shows how she used Shrink Plastic to make cake decorations!
- Make a Pet-tag with instructions from CraftStylish
- How about Shrinky Brain Scan earrings? Nifty!
Wanna make your own?
Dabbled shrinky resources/tutorials:
- Instructable – Make Doodle Earrings (great place to start on basic homemade shrinky info)
- All the Posts in the Shrinky Dinks Test Lab Series (here)
Some Dabbled Shrinky Projects:
- Make a $1 Bracelet with homemade Shrinky Charms
- Quick and dirty shrinky ID Tags from Plastic Cups!
- Santa Christmas Ornament (Template included)
- Doodle Earrings
- Wrap Around Wine Glass Markers (Charms)