Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday today (for those in the States of course, others can just have a lovely day!). If you’re still trying to get into the spirit, or throwing a little party today, here are some links to get ya going!
Here’s one of my favorite party projects, from July 4th a few years ago… Shrinky Stemware Charms made from recyclable #6 plastic (like from to-go containers)!
“For the 4th of July, my husband and best friend were running the Peachtree Road Race, so I decided to have brunch at my house and invite over friends for mimosas and food. Since we were doing mimosas (champagne and OJ for the uninitiated), i figured everyone would be drinking out of stemmed glasses and they’d get mixed up, so what about making some fun, temporary glass markers using shrinky dinks. I made up 6 the night before on a whim, and they were quite loved by all, but the funny part was that the morning turned into a shrinky dink party as everyone wanted to try and make their own (both more glass markers, and other fun stuff).”
Go Read the Whole thing and get the How-to! Shrinky Dink Stemware Charms
Here’s some more cool Independence Day links, too!
- Dessert and Drink ideas for the 4th of July from An Opera Singer in the Kitchen
- Creative July 4th Party Ideas at Tip Junkie
- A Frozen Trio of Red, White, and Blue (sort of) at Perry’s Plate
- Recipe: Coconut Granita with Lychees (she suggests adding red and blue fruit for 4th of July colors!) at Zakka Life
- Mega-crafty’s cupkins for July: Cupkins: 4th of July Red, White and Blueberry Muffins …and Red White and Blue Cupcakes from her partner in crime, Ready, Set, Craft!
- More Cupcakes! Independence Day Cupcakes at Ooh Shiny!
- Lots of Decor and Food Fourth of July ideas from Chica and Jo
- Rhubarb, Blueberry & Cream Parfait From the Chronicle Kitchen
- One Pretty Thing’s Fourth of July Roundup Here, and more 4th of July here!
- July 4 Roundup at Dollar Store Crafts (lots of cupcake ideas…)
- Love this Nautical Crab Boil at Design*Sponge
- Hot ‘n’ Smoky Baked Beans from Niki, here at Foodwhirl!
- And here’s Rawls’ Potato Salad, if you need more food…
And More from Foodwhirl: