So I was chatting with a friend the other day about Make Something Cool Every Day in April, and she was thinking there was no way she’d have time. I pointed out that making something, and stretching your creative muscles, doesn’t have to take a lot of time, and suggested several quick and easy projects I’d done recently, stuff like the champagne cork wire little chair. So, for those of you who were trying to think of fun things to do, that didn’t take a ton of time, here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Feel free to add links of your own in the comments!
So here’s a list of projects, some quick, some easy, to get those creative juices flowing:
- An Elastic Bookmark Tutorial (see pic) from WhiMSy love
- One of the million ideas over at Dollar Store Crafts
- Just go take some pictures! Just show the best one off as is, or Make a Motivational Poster or maybe put them in glass jar frames!
- If you have photoshop or something similar, google for tutorials, and try one. Learn a new technique!
- A whole list of “5 Minute” projects at instructables (note, times may be more than 5 minutes!)
- Recycle Vinyl Blinds into Plant Markers From Crafting in a Green World
- Ten Projects for Re-using old Bottle Caps From Crafting in a Green World
- Turn an envelope into a gift bag From Crafting in a Green World
- Make your own shrinky dink charms, with plastic that would normally be trashed.
- Remake old Crayons into cool shapes from Some Art Fabric
- Make a felt Easter jellybean bag from Chica and Jo
- Cook something you’ve never tried before.
- Make a classic Sock Monkey via Daily Art Stop
- Take some pictures and Poladroid them! from me, via Pepper Stitches
- Make a Cheap and Easy tripod, for you budding photographers out there
- Make a frameless easy photocube
- How to Make a Paperback Picture Frame at Craftypod
- Draw a sketch. Try an exercise like drawing without looking at the paper
- Make your own Gallery using templates and children’s art via Whipup
- An instructable for a quick and easy pizza
- Post-it note doodles
- How to crochet a button charm necklace at craftstylish
- Got some champagne at your next sunday brunch? Make sure you have wire pliers so you can make this little chair
- Weave a cool little basket from recycled materials at Craftstylish
There’s lots more I could think of, but I thought this was a good start!
Oh, and here’s my MSCE for yesterday: It’s the linework for a tattoo I’m designing.
Good luck on Day 3! (and remember, it’s ok if you missed the first two, just join in now!)
EDIT: Here are a few more, I’ll be collecting them here: http://dabbled.tumblr.com/tagged/msceideas