Thrify links to save money for you today, and also the very talented Peter Breese tagged me with one of those question thingies where you learn more about me, which I’ll get to at the end.
Want to live well this time of year, without a lot of cash? Some fun and thrifty links for you today:
-Tons of Christmas Stocking stuffing ideas at Want Not. What do you put in stockings?
-Make something! Handmade Fabric Gift Bags at Crafting in a Green World. Reusable and fun!
-Holiday Gift Ideas, under $5! At Indie Fixx.
–Entertaining on a Budget at Hostess with the Mostess. I love her gorgeous ideas.
–Chica and Jo have a shopping guide! With nice links to Discounts and such.
One more thing, I’m trying out Tumblr. Currently it takes the feed from Dabbled and my twitter, plus some other stuff I add occasionally. So if you’re on there, follow “A Smidgen of Dabbling” if ya like!
Now, for the Tag:
1. You must link to the individual who tagged you and post the rules of TAG (which you are currently reading).
2. Post 7 random facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 friends and link to them and
4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog.
So, Peter Breese tagged me, and I really adore his work. He loves robots as much as I do, and his style is fabulous, especially his silhouettes and dark shaded work. Check him out! (PS, I’m obviously flattered to be chosen, because I hate doing these things because I can never figure out what to write!)
7 random and possibly little known facts about me:
1. The most popular picture on my flickr is this one, currently at 144,732 views. No, it is NOT me.
2. I have an MBA.
3. Currently reading… comic: xkcd.com book: Little Brother, Cory Doctorow magazine: Reason
4. Red wine and dark chocolate are divine foods, followed by salmon nigiri. Well, and a good hefeweizen too.
5. I’m a moderator on the message boards for the Sluggy Freelance webcomic.
6. I’m older than you probably think I am.
7. I met my husband through a blatant setup by our best friends.
7 links (Only 7? OK, I’ll do mostly artists because I don’t link to them as often.) I also love to interview people that inspire me, so check out some other people I recommend!
1. Samae – Because I just want to tag her, my bestest girl friend, and always fun to read blogger!
2. Josh Pincus Is Crying – Such a strong style and images, and each one has a great story.
3. Juan Carlos Federico – Just incredible collage style artwork.
4. sketched out – Clever, funny, and a must read on my Illustration Friday list each week.
5. Honor Bowden – I love her gorgeous ladies and she’s so clever too.
6. Alice of Futuregirl – This was one of the first craft blogs I started reading regularly, and she was a big inspiration for me to build Dabbled. And she’s got such cute stuff!
7. Cory Godbey – Really inspired me to get back into my artwork and was a huge photoshop help with his tutorials on The Photoshop Experiment (interviewed here)